|“||His eyes, unfathomably empty, devoid of all compassion, all humanity... No one has eyes like that... no one!||„|
|~ Captain America's explanation on Red Skull|
|“||I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this 6 year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes; the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply… evil.||„|
|~ Dr. Samuel Loomis describes his evil patient Michael Myers|
Villains who are Complete Monsters are the worst of all villains, a villain who is completely atrocious and irredeemable. For this kind of villain, doing evil for them is as natural as breathing.
They can be recognized by these signs:
- They commit acts that are atrocious by the standards of the story, and have crossed the Moral Event Horizon. Villains who have only crossed the MEH once usually do not qualify, although rare examples exist.
- They are taken seriously, causing fear, revulsion, and hatred from other characters in the story. Therefore, villains that fall under Comic Relief, Possessed/Brainwashed Villains, Dimwits or even Villains who are Mute can never qualify.
- They are never presented in a positive way, they don't have a code of honor or have a sense of humor, due to their nature.
- They can never feel love for others. If they claim to have love for anyone, that "love" would merely be either perversion, possessiveness, or obsession.
- They are completely beyond redemption and absolutely nothing justifies their heinous crimes.
- They display no sense of remorse towards those who they have hurt or express any empathy for others as well.
Anti Villains can never qualify seeing as to how you are meant to sympathize with an anti-villain, even if you do not approve of their methods. Also, just being an outright evil character such as a Serial Killer doesn't automatically make the villain a Complete Monster unless they are particularly brutal in nature. Also, forces of evil such as Demons and Artificially Intelligent beings don't usually qualify unless their Moral Agency is made clear.
Pages in category "Complete Monster"
The following 78 pages are in this category, out of 78 total.